Sunday, January 23, 2011

TRANQUIL


This is my very first oil painting ever.  Frankly, I was shocked and delighted that it turned out to be frame-able!

I was taking this class at Bemis (that little art school in Colorado Springs that I mentioned in another post), and we were all scattered around the room, working on our projects.  The lady next to me was painting....something kinda modernish....something that must have spoken to her, but I wasn't getting it.  The instructor was looking over her shoulder (he had his back to me) and said something like, "I love the blah-blah-blah, the lines are blah-blah-blah, and the texture....."  You get the idea.  Then he said, "I'm so glad you aren't painting a big huge flower."  HAHAHAHAH!!!  He seemed at a loss for words when he turned around and saw what I was painting!

I really don't care what he thought.  I LOVE this painting.  I call it "Tranquil" because that's exactly what I feel when I look at it.

By the way, my dad made the frame.  He's a genius.

2 comments:

  1. One of my spiritual gifts is ignoring critics. Apparently you have it, too. I prefer to listen to the One whose hands guide our's as we indulge the creativity He put in us. Isn't that FUN?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange...normally I wouldn't consider myself at all adept at ignoring critics. This gives rise to some pondering...!

    ReplyDelete