Monday, January 10, 2011

Man Art

 

There are some things that I really never, never thought I'd paint.  Pheasants.  Ships in a storm at sea.  Elk bugling.  GUNS.  Really.  But I find that there is a new family friend that appreciates these kinds of things, so when Christmas rolled around I felt compelled to paint a GUN!  Astounding but true.

I was more than a little nervous about the whole idea.  This friend is a real-live-honest-to-goodness-rootin'-tootin' gunsmith, something completely foreign to me.  And I figured that, as a gunsmith, he would notice if I didn't really NAIL IT.  So I sketched the silly thing over and over and over.  This is the best I came up with.  Then I painted it twice.  I still don't think I was completely  accurate, but he was very gracious and seemed to like it!

Guns!  Who knew?





No comments:

Post a Comment