Thursday, January 20, 2011

Romans - the 7th Canvas

Can you feel the frustration?  Longing to change and be transformed, and then slipping back into that old habit.  Seeing the value of holding your tongue, and then spewing all sorts of anger the next moment.  Determined to serve with a whole heart, and choosing to do something for yourself instead.

I specifically painted this so that the person had one clean hand, and one filthy hand.  And we really do end up living with both.

My model and I had a great time setting up this pose.  I wasn't completely sure what to 'dirty' her hand with, and in the end I think we ended up with a combination of potting soil and maple syrup!  I've felt a little bad about this, because I definitely didn't make her look PRETTY....but then again, there's nothing pretty about sin.

3 comments:

  1. I really like this one Adina - the swirling scripture is what my own head feels like when I know I should be doing something and I am not - or not doing something I should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The swirl spoke to me too, Susan. Just think, someday...no more swirl!! Glory be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes I can hardly wait until the struggle against the world, the flesh, and the devil are no more.

    ReplyDelete