Thursday, January 6, 2011

Calligraphy



I dearly love old time, ancient looking calligraphy.  Back when the English language had greater flair (and I didn't know what 1/4 of the words meant!), and the lettering itself had tremendous beauty.

I think this is the 5th attempt at lettering these verses.  It's nowhere near as beautiful as the lettered text in my head, but for some reason I can't seem to get what I'm picturing FROM my head TO the paper!  Alas and Alack!

As a church-going kid, I probably memorized these verses in Vacation Bible School when I was maybe 9 years old.  Then I heard them repeated over and over, and preached on over and over, until they became flat and boring.  Just recently I was looking up verses dealing with fretting....and I ended up in Philippians 4 re-reading those oh-so-familiar words.  Except now that I'm MUCH older, they're no longer flat and boring.  God has made them FULL of meaning.


1 comment:

  1. YEAH! I am so excited you've entered the blogging world, and I will pray that it doesn't eat you alive! Ha ha. I am so excited to see your beautiful art, paired with your insightful words, Adina. You are so talented, and I can't wait to learn from you here on this site . . . :)

    Love you guys, Laura

    ReplyDelete