Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Romans


Romans 1: 16 says, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes..."

How do you sum up the gospel in one canvas?  Well, it helps to have a really, really big cross that can be moved and placed wherever you want it!  So I painted the empty tomb, and placed the cross smack-dab in front of it, so that it's shadow gets cast on the canvas (the shadow doesn't show up in the picture, but it's there).  This is the truth of my salvation in one simple statement.

As for the mechanics of it all, I kind of wanted that sketchy look.  I wanted people to see that their salvation, while a done deal in God's eyes, is a work in progress from our point of view.  The masterpiece is yet to be seen.  And when God is done, we will be pure and holy.  It's gonna be fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment