Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Face of a Clock


Some of you know that I have a few watches.  A FEW.  Ok, the last time I counted I think I got up to 16.  None of them are digital.  Seriously, if you need to find out the time, why not have the joy of looking at a beautiful clock face?

For reasons I don't think I understand I have always loved clock faces.  So, it should be no surprise that I not only have a few watches, I also have a few miniature clocks.  Most of them work.  But two are slightly ancient, and have long since quit ticking.  This is one of them.  I was playing around with sketching them, seeing if I could make something actually look symmetrical....tricky.  And could I draw reflections?  Tricky.

Of course, then I had to play with painting it!

No comments:

Post a Comment