Sunday, February 13, 2011

MISTAKES!

If this blog is really all about me learning....then I don't get to JUST post the things that I love.  It doesn't get to be ALL about the home-runs.  I don't ONLY tell you about the triumphs.  So, here it comes.  A few failures that I'm trying to learn from.


I was playing around with doing a one-line drawing, in ink (which means no erasing!), and I was combining three reference pics.  So it was a little tricky.  But even so, I should have thought the composition through a little bit before I started!  Instead I drew that one diagonal line and then realized that it was going to end up going right through the body of one of the following geese!  Lesson?  Plan Ahead!


This is supposedly my hubby and one of our dogs.  Except that if you know him, you know that this doesn't really look like my hubby.  So, instead it's just a man and his dog.  Not only is the man's face all off, but the dog looks pretty doggone (haha) cartoonish.  Lesson?  I have no idea!  I really don't know what I would need to do differently.


This is supposed to be...um...Murphy.  And there is a slight resemblance, but really...no.  It's become clear that I ALWAYS elongate the face!  The nose is way too long!  That may be the problem with the sketch above of my hubby, too.  Lesson?  MEASURE, MEASURE, MEASURE!  As my good friend Lois was just telling me, every face is different, so you  HAVE TO MEASURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment