Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Double "No"


The sketch of the eye really has nothing to do with this post...except that it looks mildly grumpy.

Today I received two rejections.  A "no" from the retirement community that thought they wanted me to paint murals.  And a "no" from a design center where I had taken my decorated hand drawings.  It was a really curious sensation!  Almost toddler-ish.

I'm actually not as shattered as I thought I'd be.  There's a slight relief over the murals.  And I can see now that the hand drawings may not have been the best fit for the design center.  So, it's actually pretty ok.  My hubby spoke spirit-salve all over me.  He spoke of value in Christ alone, and the hope of His calling.  It is a rich and beautiful thing to be married to a simple, solid Christ-follower.

I haven't decided yet what my next project will be, except for this:  I think I want to look into biblical JOY.  I think that might prove to be poignant.

1 comment: