Thursday, February 3, 2011

CHOOSE - Life or Death?


This speaks to me.  There are so many times that I really think I no longer have the ability to....paint....to clean the house....to cook another meal....to love people well....to do as God asks.  And maybe "ability" isn't quite accurate.  Sometimes I don't have the energy.  Or the courage.  Sometimes I no longer even have the desire to do these good things. And God still calls me.

So I must CHOOSE.  Choose to obey....to step forward....to try some more....to love again and again.

Thankfully, the beginning decision (and thus the final decision) between life and death has already been made.  I have chosen to answer the pull that God placed on my heart, and I belong to Him.  But every decision, every day, is also a bit of choosing life or death.  Lord Jesus, I want to be the tree on the right!  I choose the better.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that so many times the tree on the left sees the tree on the right but is so deceived that it can't see what it's missing.

    ReplyDelete