Saturday, January 5, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!


Well, not to me personally, but to my blog!!

Can you believe it?  Two whopping years, and still moving along.  So what was the point?  I went back and looked at my VERY FIRST post.  Way back then I said (among other things) that my hope was that I'd be encouraged to paint (or draw!) daily!  Well, "daily" hasn't happened.  But having this blog going has been a tool to keep me plugging away, and (to quote Winston Churchill) "never, never, never give up".

To all of you who have bothered to look...to read...to comment...THANK YOU!

On another note, I did this watercolor way back in 2006 (I think!).  I still love it.  It's tiny...3" x  5"...and it now belongs to my sister-in-law.  I don't know what I like more: the seed pods in the background, or the blue blades of grass cutting right across the face of the poppy.  Both are evidence that God FREQUENTLY takes ahold of my hand and brush, and the results are beautiful!

(ok....those aren't seed pods....I think they're poppy buds!)

3 comments: