Saturday, January 26, 2013

Speaking of Hope...


Another card.  This time a variegated tulip, with truth from God Himself.  The inside of the card says "Why are you in despair, o my soul?  And why have you become disturbed within me? HOPE IN GOD, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence."  (psalm 42:5....and two other times in verses surrounding this one...I've blogged about this before).

Here's the problem.  There are broken people in this world.  Sometimes it's me.  Sometimes is a friend or acquaintance.  We all get to a sad place of momentarily feeling hopeless.  And this is the TRUTH that must always be stated.  But if you KNOW the truth...and yet, you don't FEEL the truth...the last thing you want to hear is some pious person saying, "hope in God."  So I haven't mailed this card to anyone.  It sits in my drawer.  And instead I pray, knowing that only God can restore hope in Himself.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes a reminder of truth can re-awaken a sleeping soul.
    "...and Hope does not disappoint."

    ReplyDelete
  2. God's Word has it's own power and promise...not to return to God void or empty. It is true whether we are ready to rest in it or not. No other "word" compares. I love the thought and love the art!

    ReplyDelete