Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Lord is My Shepherd


I love the contrast of how we tend to see ourselves, in our sinful state, and how God sees us because of the work of Jesus Christ!  I've been slowly working my way through a book called "A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23" by Phillip Keller.  It's poignant how LIKE sheep we are!  Like the smaller text in this drawing...stubborn, habit driven, fearful, needy, wayward, rebellious, ungrateful, foolish, panicky....!

Thank You, my God that You see me as BELOVED, PURSUED, REDEEMED!!  And that's the truth.

4 comments:

  1. Ps 23 is so appropriate when facing the unknown. But then you mention the KNOWN. What we really are trusting is the character of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. digging into this book - from your recommendation. So lovely. The words of the book, and your tender artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear what you guys think/thought of the book!

    ReplyDelete