Sunday, December 30, 2012

From the Archives


I painted this WAAAAAY back, maybe in 2003?  I had just begun to paint, somewhat seriously, trying to decide if I really wanted to do this art-thing or not.  My grandfather, who was an artist himself, and had always encouraged my art pursuits, had died and I was left...bereft, almost.  So, it was a lovely shot in the arm to dabble with something and have it end up looking fantastic in a frame!

This particular piece ended up being a door prize that was given away at a women's retreat held by my church.  I'm mildly concerned about that, because I'm pretty sure I painted it on a block of wood, instead of on a canvas.  Which means, that as our Colorado climate dries out that wood, it's gonna split!  I might need to try to re-paint it on canvas if the wooden one goes south!

I called this "Picnic".

1 comment: