Sunday, April 3, 2011

Loving Camp Elim


Last August I painted a set of canvases for Camp Elim, a kids Bible Camp up the road from town.  I love it there!  I spent one week there every summer for most of my growing up years.  Then I worked there for three full summers, attempting to run their dining room staff.  Truly character forming years (for those of you who remember her, I love Granny Nelson with all my heart!)!

A few years ago they built a brand new chapel on their grounds.  Talk about filling a great need!  It's a fantastic building, and it gets used not only by kids all summer long, but also by guest groups that rent the facilities.  Because of those guest groups, the camp director talked to me about their "silent witness"...that need to speak truth without moving your mouth or making a sound.

That's an open invitation for artwork, if you ask me!

This is one of six canvases that I painted for them, and of those six this is my favorite.  It hangs in the foyer of the chapel for all the world to see.  Sort of makes me goose-bumpy all over!

Here I am finishing up the lettering.....

No comments:

Post a Comment