Sunday, March 27, 2011

Radish & Onion Mix


For those of you who know my hubby and I well, you know that we don't eat onions.  EVER.  Can I say that any louder?  WE DON'T EAT ONIONS!!  They give my hubby migraines, and I've gotten used to never having them in the house.

So you can imagine his consternation when I came home from the grocery store with a big ol' bundle of spring onions!  And radishes to boot (they're almost as taboo)!

"But Sweetie", I said, "they'll make a FANTASTIC PAINTING!"  And they did!  I have to admit to you that this whole pile of veggies went in the trash as soon as I was done painting them.  Sorry.

My favorite part is the reflection on the knife blade.  I think that was another happy accident.  The strings on the onions and radishes got masked first with masking fluid, that's how they stayed white.  This painting is hanging in my sister's kitchen.

On a side note, this post probably makes my North Carolina cousin Dave cringe.  He writes the blog "Another Day in Paradise with Dave and Lisa" in my sidebar, and there are frequent references to onions.  Sorry Dave.

No comments:

Post a Comment