Friday, June 1, 2012

Spur of the Moment Art


This colored pencil sketch was done in February, mostly to keep myself creatively active.  This morning, as I was perusing my sketch book, I found this sketch and decided, spur of the moment, to paint it.  Well, "spur of the moment" can have it's problems.

It was delightfully fun.

But did I drop my paint brush?  Yes.
Was it loaded with blue paint?  Yes.
Did it bounce against my shirt on it's way to the floor?  Yes.
Had I taken the time to change into painting clothes before painting?  NO!

Not long ago someone asked me how many pairs of painting PANTS I had.  The answer was FOUR.  All because of "spur of the moment" painting.  And dropping my brush.  And now I have another painting SHIRT...I'm not sure how many painting shirts I have now.  And it's a huge bummer, because I really LIKE this shirt!

1 comment: