Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Spent


I've had this pic of a half-spent dandelion forever, it seems....always intending to paint it....always intimidated by all those tiny white lines.  Well here's the beginning sketch.  The black lines here will be white lines in the painting.  I'm still intimidated.  But if I never try, then I fail.  Period.

On a side note, I used my colored pencils to embellish this sketch.  Of course, they needed sharpening, and I found myself missing my old-fashioned hand-crank pencil sharpener.  I know I have it somewhere...in a box, no doubt.  It needs to be resurrected, because this electric pencil sharpener is severely LACKING.  I don't know what it is.  The pencils get sharp.  But that whirring sound...and having to just hold the pencil still with just the right amount of pressure....it just doesn't compare with the cool hand-crank sound, the feel of spinning that handle around and around...and the smell!  Freshly sharpened pencils smell WONDERFUL, and the electric sharpener doesn't seem to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment