Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Painting for Camp Elim



I just started painting these big panels for the kid's Bible camp that's up the road from where I live.  They're big.  They're made up of two 4' x 8' boards, hinged in the middle.  The people at Camp offered to bring them out to me so that I could paint them HERE...INSIDE...instead of outside, with the panels roped to trees on Camp property.  What a great idea!!

Except I forgot that the ceiling in our garage is JUST 8'.  Which means that these 8' panels can't be stood up to paint.  Which means that they have to be painted outside after all.  Aack!!

My hubby came to my rescue, as usual.  He worked up a way to secure them in his carport, so I have a roof over my head, and a level place to work, and they're screwed down so the wind won't blow them over.

Of course, painting outside means I have to wing-it when it comes to setting up my equipment...as you can see in the first picture.  The second picture shows my palette...not at all professional, but it worked!



Here are some progress pics.  This is painted VERY loosely.  I have to work on it some more, but I need my friend (who is WAAAAYYYYY better at painting people) come look at this and give me some constructive criticism.  Once again, there will be no pouting!


1 comment: