Monday, July 18, 2011

Rest is Valuable!


I did this ink drawing  awhile ago.  It's one of the pages that I tore from my Moleskine knock-off.  Yesterday I was delighted to start a NEW Moleskine, this time the real-deal, with nice thick paper, and it was enriching in every way!  I'm sure I'll be posting scans of the drawings from time to time.

I've had a delightful week off from anything resembling art.  I can't believe I just said that!  Really, the joy came from freedom from any deadlines, which can be a little wearing at times.  Even when we're doing exactly what we believe God has placed in front of us to do, there is still a need for stepping away every once in awhile.  After all, Jesus sent out his disciples, and when they returned He said, "Come away and rest awhile."

So I rested awhile.

And today I get to go back to painting.  And I really do mean that I "get" to....it's something I'm delighted about and looking forward to!  Amazing what a week off does for your energy and enthusiasm and perspective!

Happy Monday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I just hit "ink" as a category ... and oh my ... that made me very happy.
    i ended up with a whole COLLECTION of INKS here on your blog, all at ONCE.

    Ahhh....

    Your Inky Fan

    ReplyDelete