Sunday, July 3, 2011

Icelandic Poppies


Summer has finally arrived at my house!  Today, my hubby and I sat out on the deck, under our lovely umbrella (because it was too hot in the sun!), and we talked of many things.  "Of shoes, and ships, and sealing wax, and cabbages, and kings, and why the sea is boiling hot, and whether pigs have wings!"  Actually, we talked about the world, and our son, our church family, and birds, our work, and the noise that the summer bugs make.  And while we talked I kept looking at my flower pots that are blooming with color.

Quick, get the sketch book!  Sketching and chatting go hand-in-hand.

Eventually, the typical mountain summer squall blew through and forced us indoors.  I love living in the mountains!  It's now beautiful outside again, and I need to return to sitting under the umbrella.  Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment