Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Another Parable


This one took me FOREVER to paint!  Outlining all those coins was pretty doggone tedious.  However, I had delightful surroundings to paint in.  Much more so than usual.  When I'm painting these I'm generally alone in our big church sanctuary.  People come and go.  There's a day-care that uses the building, so at least twice a day there's a line of small children that parades through and they all "ooh" and "aah".  They think I'm the BEST PAINTER IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!  Makes me smile every time.

But for this canvas, I was finishing up while our church's worship team was practicing.  It's definitely a rich experience to paint to live music, loud, filling the space, and I could sing along and nobody could hear me!

Funny thing, though.  The sound-man forgot I was there and was trying to give the worship team a better atmosphere so he turned down all the lights!   hahahah!  It's a little difficult to paint in the dark, Scotty!

No comments:

Post a Comment