Friday, June 10, 2011

One-Liner

 

I have a friend who is sick.  I wanted to send her flowers, and her hubby told me that she loves roses.  Five days went by and I never managed to get my act together to actually SEND the roses!  Pathetic!  She was going to get better and I would have never sent the flowers (haha....the nerve of her....to get better before I could do something nice...hahahah!!)!

So, last night I dug through all my references and pulled out three or four pics of roses.  I used to believe that you had to have a reference photo that was exactly what you wanted to draw, but over the past several months I've been learning that it's POSSIBLE to combine several pics into one drawing.  I have an artist friend who does this all the time, but I believed it was a skill that was beyond me.  Isn't it fantastic that we can LEARN??

This card is drawn with all one line and then filled in with colored pencils.

1 comment: