Wednesday, June 29, 2011

More Parables


I did this sketch today.  It was great fun!  I wanted to do the lost sheep from a more modern perspective, but finding an image of a shepherd carrying a sheep over his shoulders took FOREVER.  There are about a bajillion  paintings of it, but I can't copy someone else's painting!  (my spell check is telling me that I spelled 'else's' wrong....that's puzzling me.)  I finally found one image, and then the shepherd was...um...a touch portly.  I really wanted an in-shape shepherd, for some reason.  So I had my hubby pose in the appropriate stance.  It worked!  I definitely have to "poof" the sheep when it comes time to paint, but this works from a sketch-point-of-view. Can't wait to paint this one!

On another note, I forgot to post pics of the first two canvases I painted in this set.  You've seen the sketches, here are the finished products:


2 comments:

  1. Hey, what's wrong with portly!!!?! :-p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your painting of the seed falling on different kinds of ground turned out! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete