Saturday, July 12, 2014

Prep Work Takes Forever!


I've been asked to do some painting for a craft fair in October...or is it November?....that will benefit our local pregnancy center, called Choices.  It's a safe place for women to go to who find themselves pregnant and in need of help, encouragement, and support in their choice to keep their baby.

The organizers are providing me with a plethora of objects that could use a touch of beautification!  This is the prep work for a wooden plaque. This part of the project has taken up a LOT of time.  I've lost track of how many times I've written out this verse, and changed the fonts, and adjusted the layout.  And even as I'm typing, I'm still seeing things that need tweaking.

The plaque is only 8" round, so this is going to be some tiny brushwork.  Considering that I frequently paint canvases that are 8 FEET square, this is a significant change!  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment