Saturday, February 1, 2014

One, Two, Three, Four





And so starts a whole new set for my church.  

On Monday I peeled off the old paintings (with the help of an extremely selfless friend...it's not a fun job!).  They are now folded up and lounging in the dumpster.

On Tuesday I stretched new sheets over the framework.

On Wednesday my hubby and I sprayed them all a lovely gunmetal color (although, looking at the barbed wire, you'd think the background was a different color.  Not so.)  I should say that HE sprayed them, I stood by and watched.

On Thursday I started painting.  And on to Friday.  And on to Saturday.  Starting completely over is a bit time consuming!  But, oh the results!!  These will eventually have words.  But for now we'll sit there and stare at some very Colorado-ish images.

When I was painting them, I was absolutely SURE the barbed wire was my favorite.  But THEN I painted the Indian Paintbrush, and OH MY WORD!!!  Did my Lord hold my hand?!  Did He direct my color choices?!  Did He?!  Amen and amen.  I LOVE THESE.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these are SO great!! My fave is the Aspen leaves...tho the pinecone is delightfully wintry. The background color is wondrous.

    ReplyDelete