Thursday, January 23, 2014

Painting for Camp Elim





I just finished these for Camp Elim...which could easily be called the happiest place on earth.  Disney is no comparison, just sayin'.  Their winter camps are starting in a couple of weeks, and these will be the backdrops.  They'll be screwed together and stood up accordion style.

Their theme is taken from Mark 12 where it says "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength."

If you're looking for a fun, impacting, soul-growing weekend for your kiddoes...and if you live in Colorado...you can consider sending them to Camp Elim.  It's fabulous!  (you don't HAVE to live in Colorado.  It's just a wee bit expensive to get them here if you live in...Texas.)

You can see what Camp's all about at http://campelim.com/ (and I think that's ACTUALLY a link!! I mean, I think it'll work if you click on it!)

On a side note, my Lord is always kind to me.  When you put on black paint with a roller, and then have to do touch-up with a brush, it ALWAYS SHOWS.  There's something about the texture, maybe...I don't know what it is, but I always grit my teeth, hoping that I don't have any obvious drips, because I don't want to have to touch them up.  Well, I had a fairly major drip on the "MIND" canvas.  And the Lord put it into my head that the drip looked remarkably like a shoe-lace!!!  So, presto, tall boots with laces sticking out!  See???  God's kindness is EVERYWHERE!  Sometimes we just don't see it!

2 comments: