Saturday, January 4, 2014

Beginning Again


For some reason the human spirit needs a starting point.  We can't seem to just ooze into change.  We have this need to make it poignant.  At least I do.  I have a few built-in starting points: every spring, every year when school starts, and every year on January 1st.  I love this particular starting point.  I get to start a new calendar.  The Christmas decorations come down and the house gets REALLY cleaned.  I have a whole new wondering about what  God will accomplish in the new year. 

And I look back at God's faithfulness.   This morning I can review what He has taught me to paint this year, and I am thankful.  His kindness is obvious!  He will be faithful and kind in 2014 also.

I painted this in 2007 (really?!  That long ago?!).  It's a combination of watercolor and colored pencil, and I love it.



2 comments:

  1. Yes, so ready for this new start!
    I love your blooms...
    and for me this year is all about ROOTS. A year of releasing the desire for fruit and flowers and blossoming. A year of digging deep, seeking the nourishing soil of God's truth, soaking up His living water, growing strength & depth. Grieving the bareness of pruned & pruny flowerless branches; rejoicing in the cool stillness of His deep and securing presence to root this life. Trusting in a season yet to come when fruit may finally grow again, sweeter, richer, more enduring, because of the stronger roots.

    ReplyDelete