Tuesday, October 15, 2013

More Sky Gazing


"Watch For Me"
8" x  8"
Oil on Canvas Board

Painting with oils presents a whole new set of delights and problems.  If I kept at it I could get rid of the brush strokes...but I love the brush strokes!  And as I worked, I discovered that not only was I laying down paint, but I was also lifting paint...and I think in this case I love it.

This is the fourth canvas I've painted while caught up in the longing for that trumpet.   Times are indeed perilous.  And so I watch the skies.

Someone once said to me that we only live by faith while on earth, in this life.  In the presence of the Lord, in eternity, we will live by sight.  So, if God is delighted by my faith, then this life is the only time I get to give Him that pleasure.  The thought sort of adds value to the watching and waiting.

1 comment:

  1. the texture of the brush strokes is really, really cool. I like them too!!

    ReplyDelete