Thursday, October 10, 2013

Longing


"Come Quickly"
8" x  8"
Oil on canvas panel

Oh, how I love a big sky!  For awhile, we lived IN our small town.  Right in the middle, which was very convenient....but I told people we lived in Narnia.  You know, "always winter and never Christmas".  Sure, we celebrated Christmas, but we were down IN THE TREES.  And the snow never melted.  And you could barely see the sky.  I so longed to GET! MY! HEAD! UP!

That's the main motivation for these paintings: my love of a big sky, and my longing for my Lord's return.


"Watching & Waiting"
8" x  8"
Oil on canvas panel


"Maranatha"
8" x  8"
Oil on canvas panel


EVEN SO, COME LORD JESUS!

(Curious about the Narnia reference?  Go read "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis.)

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea of watching the sky ... beautiful picture of longing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJL, you could WRITE about it, since that's your language.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I love our golden glorious Aspen stand...and yet miss the big sky view! I need you to come paint a generous-art mural of the sunstreaked, azure-blue big-sky view on my ceiling!!!

    ReplyDelete