Saturday, October 5, 2013

Blown Away


"Blown Away"
10" x  20"
Oil on canvas

Oh, how I love painting with oils!  They blend so delightfully.  They move so smoothly.  They stay workable for so long!  No fast-drying sticky brushes.  It's a delight to play with them again.

As I drove home the other day, the wind was whipping about, and the leaves were flying along in front of my car...and I thought, 'wouldn't that make a lovely painting?'  For this canvas I actually gathered aspen leaves from my yard and brought them in and taped them to my easel (my hubby laughed at that).  We're actually getting RED this year!  That's not overly common with aspen trees.  Reveling in the colors was a gift from our Generous God!!

(Psst....you can make the image larger by clicking on it.)

2 comments:

  1. glory!!! so delightful! Eliza has been trying her hand at painting aspen leaves also...you've inspired her to give the oils a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teri, tell her to "never, never, never give up!!!"

    ReplyDelete