Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Moving Forward, Slowly


Progress feels good!  Even if it's not yet perfect...not yet finished...having the guitar player sort of fleshed out, and the guy with boxes back on the canvas is a good thing!  I'm learning (did you catch that? LEARNING) that I'll need to do the hard work of having more than one layer of paint.  It's ok.  It'll make for a better end product.

A very wise and skilled artist friend reminded me that if these paintings will be seen from a distance (and they will), then it's perfectly ok, and even better, to have them remain loose.  Even in the details of the face.  So I'm attempting that.  It looks a bit freaky up close:


Just big huge blotches of paint, but the hope is that they'll communicate well from across the room!


This guy's face is a MESS, and I'll have to work on fixing it as soon as the paint is dryer.  And the work goes on!


No comments:

Post a Comment