Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Revel


This is what I'll be painting next.  It's for a client in Wisconsin.  Yes.  I'm in Colorado, and he's half way across the country.  Amazing, but true.  

I'm mildly freaked out about it.  There's always...ALWAYS...that voice in my head that shouts that I'm a fool for trying...and who do I think I am anyways?...and this is a fantasy world I'm trying to live in...and I'll blow it!...AND ON AND ON AND ON.

It's the voice of my enemy.

BUT!!  I am chosen and redeemed by God.  Entrusted with a small portion of His creative spirit.  And useful in His powerful and gentle hands.

So I will paint this.  And it will be a bit of a wrestling match with that voice in my head.  But I will paint it.  May God be pleased.  May He find delight in my heart through the process.  May I discover that I know more of His character by the time I'm finished.

2 comments:

  1. God will equip and enable you to do whatever He has called you to do. It's His talent, His vision, and His strength in you! You are His masterpiece!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beat that voice down to silence!
    Yes.
    Yes you have been given a portion of His mighty creative spirit.

    Go go go.
    Can't wait to hear about the process... (because that's more important than the product sometimes, yes?).

    <3

    ReplyDelete