Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Following the Leader


I painted this just before Christmas, and frankly...I can't decide if I like it.  A couple of people saw it and talked about my painting of SWANS.  Which means I didn't nail it.  I think their  heads disappear against the water.  Which  means I didn't nail it.  And I'm not in love with the water itself.  Which means I didn't nail it.

The problem is, I don't know how to learn from this, because I don't know what to do different!  I'll have to show it to my artist friends and ask them for a critique....that'll help!

A thought here:  this is why Christ-followers need to DO LIFE TOGETHER.  Because we don't always see our struggles in the right light...we don't often see our own sin...and we need to speak truth to one another!

2 comments:

  1. Adina, you have created a beautiful piece of art. That someone else sees something other than what you see or intend does not take away from from this central fact. This will always be the case. We will always see our work as flawed -Monet said something to the effect that, though others would praise his work, he knew it was bad. I think that is part of the beautiful mystery, that each of us will see and appreciate something different because we are all unique. There is no 'nailing it'. You created what was in you to create. It is simply beautiful without apology. That is the truth I see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. Looks like geese to me...
    but more than that -
    It FEELS like peace...tranquility...warmth & sunshine & springtime.

    I completely love it.

    ReplyDelete