Wednesday, June 13, 2018

It's Camp Season Again!






Once again, I got to paint for Camp Elim's summer programs.  What fun it was!  They have a western theme this summer, and their only request was the bucking bronco.  After that I could do what I wished.  Lately we've had a pollen STORM coming off of the ponderosa pine trees, so these are COVERED with yellow dust... which I think makes them look weathered and old, and I'm perfectly happy with that!

I never told you about what I painted for their winter camps.  They had a theme that involved a private detective, so I was asked to paint the walls of the detective's office, complete with his logo painted on the outside of the window.  This was GREAT fun... I decided it definitely needed some old wall-paper, which of course I needed to design!





 And then, I don't think I ever showed you the patch designs that they asked me to do.   Camp Elim has a patch program where the campers can earn patches for memorizing Bible verses, and completing a craft project, or sometimes a service project.  As a kid, I remember earning patches when I was a camper.  They've had the same set for as long as I can remember.  But recently they decided to add three to the list of options for a camper to earn.  I am beside myself with delight that I got to design these!





1 comment:

  1. these projects for Camp Elim look like they were such fun and they came out really well, of course! I especially liked the idea of designing the patches and they look great. What fun!

    ReplyDelete