Monday, August 18, 2014

For The Love Of Pencils


The other day I did some verbal meandering about my love of pens, and paper, and pencils, and pens...  Well, clearly it runs in the family!  I present to you first of all, the humble tin, complete with home-made lid.


What's that I see beneath?  Looks like a pencil to me.  But wait, what is the lid made of?  A high quality, high class Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter lid.  That once cost 83 cents.


This was all my grandpa's doing.  He dearly loved creating his own solution to any problem that presented itself.  Got a tin that needs a lid?  No problem!  He also dearly loved pencils, I'm thinking... but he lived in a time where boxes and boxes of pencils just weren't acquired all that easily.  You USED your pencils.  No waste.  NO waste, do you hear?



HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!   Oh how I loved my grandpa!  My, oh my, he was delightful.  And now I have the joy of this tin cup, with it's oh-so-unique lid, and it's exceedingly quirky contents sitting on my desk!  Makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment