Friday, June 6, 2014

Inking vs. Fishing


What do you do while the hubby is fishing, and you're not quite sure you want to join him?  You set up a chair, get out your travel sketchbook and a pen, and revel in your surroundings!  I can't name the peak, and I can't even name the small lake we were beside.  I do know that it was all created by the hand of God Almighty, and His work is beautiful!

I've followed another blog for awhile now, and find myself wanting to learn from it's author.  I've put a link below.  I love his work!  

So how do I learn?
Step One:  remember to take the sketchbook with you!
Step Two:  actually take the time to draw, on the spot, in the moment!
Step Three:  don't quit!

http://iansidawaydrawing.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. I do so enjoy your blogs! esp your work. your work always put a bright sunbeam into my day! thankyou so much for putting it here. because so many of my children are artists, I am intrigued by it all, the process as well as the finished piece. when you share your process it is a special thing. I visited the link you included here, it was wonderful! Caleb is trying to become a better drawer,Ii sent it on to him. I hope he visits it often!

    ReplyDelete