Thursday, February 2, 2012

Get to Work Already!




When you're waiting to start a project...when you're waiting for supplies to arrive...when you're WAITING...it's not good to just sit around twiddling your thumbs.  Really not good.  The longer you twiddle, the more convinced you become that this whole painting this is just a little silly.  And then, the longer you twiddle, the more convinced you become that you can't paint worth a hill of beans, and WHAT ON EARTH WERE YOU THINKING?!

So!

I HAD  to paint.  Just to silence my own silly brain!

These three are all small (6" x 6" and 8" x 8"), and they all used the same colors, so I didn't end up wasting any paint.  I really haven't made up my mind if I like them (especially the one in the middle), but they did their job.  I'm painting again.  

I'm currently working on painting chives.  Notice I'll paint them, but I won't eat them!  I'll post a pic when it's done.

And ONE OF THESE DAYS my supplies will arrive and I'll be able to start on that commissioned piece!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, these are truly incredible. One of my favorite sights is the splendor of Aspens in the fall. And yes, we get those rich reds on many of our Aspens out here!
    (honestly...I don't like the middle one as much as the other two either.)

    HEY - could you disable your 'security settings' for receiving comments? It will save you the hassle of having to 'approve' every comment - and will make leaving comments SO much easier for your viewers/readers! Pretty please? I've been blogging for a couple of years now, and have never used any security settings, and have NEVER had a single problem. You'll still be able to delete a comment if ya don't like it - no worries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suggestion taken, Teri! And...THANK YOU. For bothering to read through all of these, and for bothering to leave comments. "Consider how to stimulate one another to love and good works". You just did that very well!

    ReplyDelete