Thursday, December 29, 2011

Painting Cabinet Doors


Interesting frame, don't you think??

My father is a kitchen designer for Welbourne Cabinets (I think I spelled that right?!) out of Tennessee.  Every once in awhile he has a customer who orders a distressed cabinet style...and then when the cabinets come in they're a bit "too" distressed.  So my dad orders a new cabinet door to replace the offending one.  But the company doesn't want the first door back.  So there has been a moderately steady supply of cabinet doors through my parent's house.

This one just struck my fancy.  What can you do with a cabinet door...no holes drilled yet for the hardware...but a lovely knot hole right in the center of the door!?  And what about that lovely 6" crack?  Well you've got to paint it of course!!  If you look closely, there's a real life knot hole in the tree.  Just the perfect place for a pixie to live.

The cabinet door itself is as smooth as can be...a lovely surface to paint on!  The back of the door looks a little odd, because it's prepped (but not drilled) for hinges.  I just ignore that!  Just paint away, and you've got a piece already framed and ready to hang!

No comments:

Post a Comment