Thursday, December 22, 2011

Experimenting

...with color!

This drawing pretty much consumed my day.  Which is no big deal, considering that there's a good 12" of snow, with more falling.  We're not going anywhere!

I drew the inked lines first, and then decided to play around with color.  I have this lovely set of fine point markers that I used to fill in between the black lines.  I can't decide if I like it or not.  It's definitely vibrant!

This bird feeder was made for us by our friend, Jim.  The top tier holds water, and the bottom two hold seed.  Only the small birds can fit, which is the point.  The grosbeaks and the stellar jays are bird seed HOGS, so this keeps them away.  To be perfectly honest, though...I can't really handle the thought of the grosbeaks and stellar jays going HUNGRY...besides the fact that they're absolutely STUNNING to look at!....so we have a standard feeder that they can fit into!

No comments:

Post a Comment