Friday, August 31, 2018

Here Fishy Fishy!






I've always dreaded painting water.  I see the work of other artists and it's oh, so beautiful!!  But they're REAL artists, right?!  And so I've just avoided it like the plague.  It's one of those things that I had worked up in my mind as being impossible.  All those swirls, and reflections, and odd blotches that make no sense at all.  But you never learn if you never try, right?

So I tried!!  Actually this is my second attempt.  My first attempt was when I was maybe 14 years old.  I painted two baby swans swimming in a lake.  And it wasn't half bad for a teenager!!  But it wasn't particularly fabulous either (even though a kind neighbor lady loved it and hung it in her house).  After that first attempt I just sort of put water waaaaay on the back burner.

Until a couple of weeks ago.  I had this reference photo of a fish, and the water was lovely (all those swirls, and reflections, and odd blotches that make no sense at all!!).  And so I tried it.  And it's not half bad for a 50-something year old!!  Truth be told, I'm quite pleased.  And truth be told, I prayed all the way through it!!!  Thank You, My Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment