Thursday, November 26, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas


Over the years our collection of  Christmas decorations has gotten smaller and smaller and smaller.  That's because there wasn't much quality in the collection, and things broke, or got munched, or faded... and so I threw things away.  The problem is, I didn't replace them.  So the house has looked less and less festive as the years have gone by.

Well, this year I decided I wanted to do something about it.  Among other things, I've added this group of tiny canvases.  They're 4" square, and each letter stands on it's own tiny easel.  I got out my calligraphy books and dug around for a font that I thought was fitting, and then sketched out the letters on paper to begin with (because I've LEARNED that when I don't have a PLAN, things very quickly go awry).  I think I'm going to paint over the blue diamonds in the letter "N"... either that, or add blue diamonds to the other letters. Other than that I'm pleased.

Merry Christmas everyone!!  Celebrate Christ's birth!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment