Saturday, March 14, 2015

Killing Time


There's a very odd truth in an artist's life that when you've got real work to do, it's like pulling teeth to get started.  I've got two small commissions waiting to be done.  I know what I'm going to paint.  I've even got the preliminary sketches done.  But can I get started?!  Can I wrangle myself into beginning?  Can I actually get the paint out of the tubes and on to the palette?  It's the strangest phenomenon.  I was just talking to an artist friend, and she's experiencing the same thing.  Bother this twaddling!!

In the in-between time, I hauled out this pencil sketch I did over a year ago and decided it needed ink and colored pencil added to it.  So why is it I can work on this little trifle, but I can't actually make progress on a bona fide job?!

It's a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment