Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Live Art


Last Sunday a friend and I did live-art at our church.  While the worship band played, and all the people sang, we painted.  It was nerve racking, to say the least!  But, now that it's all done, I think it was definitely a good thing.

The previous friday there had been a boy in our town who was killed in a car accident.  It's a small community, and a lot of people are heart-broken.  So Sunday's theme was particularly poignant:  that in the midst of our storms, there is Jesus Himself, saying "Peace, Be Still".  He is our only real source of CALM.

By the way, my painting friend is Lois Sprague....you can see more of her work here: 


2 comments:

  1. A-maz-ing.
    So powerful.
    I love those hands.
    Seems like God's & my big brother Scott Stearman's all melded into one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, did you KNOW that Scotty was the model for these hands?! That's funny.

    ReplyDelete