Friday, March 14, 2014

Inspired by Doodles


This paper came from a tablet called "Executive Columnar Pad".  What?  Really.  I'm thinking those columns are supposed to get NUMBERS written in them, but for those of you who know me: numbers and I don't get along.  So I found another use for the paper!  Last night whilst the hubby watched something on tv about mining, I sat beside him and happily doodled.

And found myself inspired!!





Years ago my grandfather built himself a sculpture stand out of wood.  It measures about 1' in each direction, and then it's about 2' tall.  Originally it was painted some version of periwinkle.  When he passed away it came to me.  I love it.  LOVE IT!  But the paint was getting pretty chipped, especially on the corners and edges.  So today I painted it red, but not entirely red.  I painted it sort of loosey-goosey so the periwinkle still shows through here and there.  And THEN!!  I got out my white paint pen and HAD A PARTY!!  Oh my word.  I love this thing!


2 comments:

  1. Pure delight. I am a huge fan of your 'doodles.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What joy! Reminds me of the doodles I watched take shape during creative team meetings... Happy memories!

    ReplyDelete